1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please Give me your advice

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Southern Landscape, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Southern Landscape

Southern Landscape LawnSite Member

I really like Scag - just currently until I get a little bigger I dont like the price tag... They are VERY proud of them in my area..
  2. watsmi57

watsmi57 LawnSite Senior Member

i just brought home a Gravely 252 and love it. That is a good price on the 260 if that is a new machine. i think out of the three you mentioned the Gravely would be my choice hands down. i am not sold on BB yet or the pro Snappers. some guys love em tho.
  3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the Gravley and Snapper Pro are great choices as well.
  4. Southern Landscape

Southern Landscape LawnSite Member

Thanks for everyone’s advice. I did test that Ferris out and man with that independent suspension its like driving a Cadillac, I just cant find anyone that owns one to tell me what they think of it "long term"

Im kind of stuck on that Gravely - it looks like a really nice solid machine. The only thing I didnt care for are the bearings are sealed bearings, and as we all know we mow in damp conditions, dry conditions etc and that was a concern to me BUT I was told they would propbably out last everything on the mower lol...
  5. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up a new Snapper Pro 150xt and I LOVE IT..it is the 26/52 and has soo much power...but it does love the gas. I got a great deal on it and I couldnt be happier. Strong mower and will cut at full speed with the larger engine
  6. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

thats a great price on that gravely i give nearly that for my 152 proturn last year,i love my gravely its really tough
  7. bamaturf

bamaturf LawnSite Member
    from alabama

wow thats a great price on the gravelly. i have an is3000 ferris with 25 kaw
    & 61 deck, cuts good rides better. last year i bought a kubota zd326 60" cut
    its also got the flat free front tires ( a great option i think for any mower).
    But like they say once you go diesel you won't go back.