1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please help a rookie kill wild violet and white clover

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by clydesdale, Jul 15, 2011.

1. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

i just made my first spot mix of drive and t-zone yesterday

similar to yours , but with tric

i only have lesco sticker currently so i hope that works ok

i hit some test areas yesterday

violet,CG, purslane ,sedge, clover and oxalis

CG is wilting already and the purslane was black and dead within hours
  2. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys. I have a very small lawn mowing service. So, I am not sure if I can even get the chemicals. I do not have a pesticide/herbicide liscence. However, these weeds are on my parents lawn and I want to see if I can get rid of them. I went to the local nursery and they suggested "weed b -gone. But, I was hoping there was something more potent that I would be able to purchase. Are any of the above mentioned chemicals available to a homeowner? Thanks.
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Gordon's Trimec Plus. It's basically three chemicals for broadleafs along with a crab-grass killer. You can find it at some home stores and I know Tractor Supply carries it.

You won't get 100% death, but you'll get a good to great control on the weeds. A second application in the fall will help.

Just make sure you follow all the label directions and read it from cover to cover. The temps are you biggest enemy this time of year.