Please Help: Exmark 60'' is cutting crooked

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Suburban Landscaping, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Suburban Landscaping

Suburban Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hello, my name is Ted and I just became a new member of this site. I found a lot of useful information here and I was hoping you could help me. I have a 60" Exmark with the 27hp Kohler engine and ultracut deck. I have always been very happy with the machine, but recently it started working in a different manner. When cutting, the pattern shows up with extra lines in the middle. It makes it look very crooked and uneven. It would seem as if the blades are crooked, but the blades are perfectly sharp and straight. I have pictures to help explain what I mean. The pictures were taken when the blades only had a couple of hours on them. Please help me with this... I am pretty lost, because it seems that everything is fine, but the job looks terrible.

0605081256a.jpg

0605081351a.jpg

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

is your deck unlevel ??

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

hows the tire pressure? how many hours on the machine?? deck could be tweaked, spindle could be tweaked. could be a lot of diffrent things

4. Suburban Landscaping

The deck has been leveled last year, and I didn't clip anything recently. I honestly think that for some reason the mower lost power. What do you think?

5. Suburban Landscaping

Almost 2000 on the machine. Do you really think air pressure could make that large of a difference?

6. THEGOLDPRO

absolutely it could i used to have a scag with a slow leak and i could tell when it was low it cut like piss.

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

how low are you cutting ??

8. THEGOLDPRO

its also possible the decks tweaked my old scag cut just like this and no matter what i did it never cut right.

9. Suburban Landscaping

I was cutting that at either 4.75 or all the way up on lock. Looks low doesn't it?

10. Suburban Landscaping

That can't be fixed?