Please Help Exmark Mower Input Needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by totallawncare25, May 15, 2008.

1. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I would realy like personal experience here on this question if all possible not trying to be a jerk just its very important..

I bought a new Exmark 28EFI 60" Triton and the Kohler is a dog on both mowers i had. Personally I have never liked kohler they just dont run like a kawasaki does not as much power. Im thinking of returning this mower and getting either the 28 kawasaki 60" Triton laser z or the same mower with a 31Briggs Vanguard. I had a 28 52" AS and it was a screamin machine but i havent tried it with a Triton deck. Personally i like the Triton it fixed my Ultracut issues i had and im not changing that. My problem with the Kohler is the lack of loaded power cutting up a hill it boggs down too much and its had been admitted to me by Exmark today. Im basically looking for feedback on both of these cutting platform configurations if anyone has had any lack of power with either one of these engines on this mower.. Thanks alot guys... Ryan :dizzy:

2. totallawncare25

from TN

Please guys input would be great

3. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Well, expect to take a hit on returning your mower. I did when I gave back the 27hp front runner and got the diesel. Traded in with 40 some hours on it and took a $2000 kick in the pants but saved loads in fuel cost. That was last year and with this years prices, will still save money on fuel and have lots more power.

4. totallawncare25

from TN

The dealer will take it back and use it as a demo it only has 3 hours on it. my question is about the 2 engine options and which one you guys would go with for the same amount of money

5. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I would go with the Kawasaki as they are historically a longer life engine compared to Briggs. Ask your dealer for engine specs on both motors and look for torque ratings. I would almost bet the Kawasaki has a higher torque rating. Plus the resale value will be higher with Kawasaki over Briggs.

6. totallawncare25

from TN

Im going there tomorrow and hopefully he will have the info on that if not i can call exmark and get it im sure..

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

I think you'll find that the vanguard 31 blows the kawi out of the water as far as torque and power in general.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yes as far as power goes it's no contest between the Briggs and the others. Even the 29 Kaw feels weak in comparison.

9. totallawncare25

from TN

Really that much difference ??????

10. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 31 w/ 66" and 35hp 60" you can hardly pull these motors down. Tons more power than the 29 Kawis that we run. But I will warn you, they are thirsty motors. About 1.5 - 1.7 gallons per hr working them hard. Have you thought about a diesel? A friend made the switch last yr and said he will never go back. He is running 72" Toros with the diesel. Years ago when we ran kubota front cuts they would go forever on tank.