1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please Help!!! Grass gobbler on bobcat?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mownredneck, Apr 26, 2005.

1. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I just bought a bobcat classic walk-behind. The guy I bought it from never used the bagger. The bagger is a grass gobbler. he gave me the mounting braket for it and i cant found out how to mount it. I have looked on the wright man. web site and couldn't find anything. Please Help!!!! How do I mount it.
  2. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I put a bagger on my bobcat. My bracket had two bolts and it bolted on the deck where the deflector was bolted on. You have to take the deflector off. If this doesn't help try to send some pictures, and I bet someone will give you advice.
  3. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

ours mounts in same area as deflector, too

you may have to get the drill, heavy duty drill bits, and some oil for the drill bits to sink it where you need it - in order for the gobbler to match up flush to your side discharge area.

you'll like the way it performs with the gobbler though :)
  4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Grass Gobbler for my Bob-Cat 48" WB mower, and the deck has the mounting bracket for the Grass Gobbler built into it.
  5. mownredneck

Thanks for the input, I haven't been to my shop today its raining and had some stuff to take care of. hey somm is your mounting braket made out of angle iron and if so did you have to drill the holes in the ends of the mounting bracket? Thanks guys!
  6. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcat, grass gobbler and wright manufacturing ??????
  7. mownredneck

Dont ask me I bought it from an individual. I dont understand it either, I would have bought and accelarater
  8. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

OK, let's try something. Find a level surface to put both the mower and the catcher on. First the mower. Next, put the catcher beside it where it belongs, using 2x4's or whatever to keep it level with the mower. Lastly, holding the bracket in your hand, position it so that it makes the final hook-up. Now, you should be able to see where it needs to be fastened, and exactly how to fasten it. Double and triple check your set-u before you go and drill any holes or fasten anything. Let us know how you are making out with this thing.
  9. mownredneck

Well we got it fixed!! I took it to my dealer, never buying a piece of equipment from them, they said they had no idea how to put it on. So i called one of my buddies, he has a degree in rigging thangs up. We tried what you said jim and could not find anywhere to mount it absolutley none. I think they gave me the wrong bracket or some thing cause there was no where to mount it. So we said screw it and we threw the bracket in the corner. We heated and bent the front discharge chute mount up and drilled a hole for the front peg on the bag. Then we welded a small rod next to the back pegg on the bagger to keep it from sliding back and forth on the back discharge chute mount. Painted over where we heated it and it baggs better than a walker. Well, I wouldnt say that but there are no leaks whatsoever. The people at the dealer are all da's. Ill try to get some picks if I can. But thanks for all of your help.