please help, Is a ZTR right for me? mostly 1/2 acre lots

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Feb 5, 2006.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

I have used a 52 inch belt drive wb for many years. I want to step it up this year. I have some hills that I know the ztr wont work on, but also have some flats. I have considered a hydro 61 wb or possibly a ztr to pick the pace up. Is 1/2 acre to small for ztr?
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

A ZTR will work anywhere it will Fit. The motto around here is if the Mower fits ... use it.
  3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you think you can honestly justify a ZTR, get it. Otherwise, another idea for you would be the John Deere X series garden tractors with All Wheel Steer. I have a 425AWS, and that machine can cut some grass and manuvers awesome. It's turning radius is 8 inches, so I can make a quick loop around just about anything.:)
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I would strongly suggest a ZTR. For 1/2 acre lots I wouldn't think anything bigger than 52" would be nessecary.
  5. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I like the new Walker Mb w either a 48 or 56" deck. I own a Walker 48" ghs.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think a 52" or 60" ZTR would fit you just right. JMO
  7. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

What do the Walker MB's go for?
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dude, you may want to check in with the administrators here at Lawnsite. Lawnsite is a sponsored forum and they will want to talk to you.
  9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

inside of a ZTR, why don't you just save some money and get a hydro WB instead