Please help/ Kawasaki FH430V

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dlgunn, Jul 20, 2006.

1. dlgunn

dlgunn LawnSite Member

Please help/ Kawasaki FH430V

I bought a used W/B w/ a Kawasaki FH430V on it the machine looks like new (maybe 150hrs). The rpms were low at full throttle and the throttle cable did not feel right. So I took it to an authorized Kawasaki service tech. He said part of the linkage/choke was assembled wrong so he takes it apart and reassembled it and replaced the cable. When I get back w/ it and try to mow w/ it the engine starts running rough when it gets up over 2400rpms (like the choke is half on or something). So I take it back and the guy he readjusts the carb or coke or both and gets it purring at 3600rpm. I take it home and try to mow w/ it and have the same problem again. So I load her up and take it back to the guy and told him to mow w/ it when he mows at the shop. I called him today and he said he mowed w/ it and readjusted it twice while mowing and it will not stay adjusted properly. Any suggestions other than a new mechanic?

Thanks in advance
    Reliable Lawn Care
  2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

new carb time?
  3. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well Danny, After this thread; I'm going to suggest what you asked not. You should have another Tech. look at this unit and find the reason for it doing this, It could be anything from over torqued stripped screws, Loose governor arm screw or even being over torqued and bending the governor arm to shaft area causing slippage, The throttle cable clamp over torqued having it bent out of shape. There are any number of reasons for this happening you just need to find a Tech. that can locate the problem and solve it.

This problem is not like changing a part out, This one requires being able to SEE and HEAR what is going on in order to give a proper diagnosis.

Good Luck
  4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Get another tech on that machine ASAP. Just went through a similar ordeal like this not long ago, after 2 months of back and forth to the dealer it still wasnt fixed. Ended up replacing the carb and it runs like a champ now but if I would have ditched the dealer after the 3rd attempt then I would have had much less downtime and aggravation.