Please help me on this aerating bid

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Drivefaster35, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Drivefaster35

Drivefaster35 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

This is my first post so please help me out here guys i have a housing development which consists of about 25 condos and each one has a lawn thats about 8,000 sqft roughly 200,000 to 220,000 sqft to bid on for aerating and have to use a simple wlak behin aerator because of some tight areas the manufacturers specs on the aerator is up to 23000sqft per hour any ideas on how to bid this? Thanks

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

about $2400 for single pass aeration, 75% increase for double.

3. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

What would be a somehwta minimum you would take to be decently profitable and not make a killing because along with the contract comes many other oppertunities to make money and I believe that throwing out a deal on the aerating would help to luer them in Thank

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i wouldn't go much lower than 2400 because @ 8K each they're small, PITA to do with larger (faster, more efficient) equipment. This means lots of turns, small areas to work in etc. However if it was say a ball field my price would be a lot different.

5. Drivefaster35

from Midwest

IU have already set my bid for mowing and fertilizer but i was wondering to kinda "double check" i'm not shootin myself in the foot what would you bid for mnowing and fetilizer all of them together and not much trimming other then regular curbing and around the condos. Juts a ruff figure Thanks