1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PLEASE!! Help me price my "like new" Exmark!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KB, Jan 23, 2001.

1. KB

KB LawnSite Member

PLEASE HELP! I have decided to buy a Lazer if I can get a fair price for my Exmark 48" Turf Tracer HP. It only has about 100hrs. I cut part time on the side because I love to cut grass as well as the money. In case you do not the mower, it is a hydro walkbehind with an easily adjustable (pins) floating deck. I have a Velke on the back and the Exmark Micro Mulching kit installed. I have Gator blades installed as well as 2 sets each of mulching and high lift blades (1 set never used). I paid a little over $4900 with tax at a show last year. The mower alone is now $4600 before tax. It has never been weathered and looks brand new when wiped down. I have it listed at $4000 on the "commercial equipment" page on lawnsite.com. How much should I be asking, or better yet how much is realistic to receive? Your feedback is appreciated.
  2. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I think for less than 100 hours, that 4k is a fair price especially with what you're throwing in with it.
  3. Greenkeepers

from NE Ohio

Where are you from?? You need to fill out your profile......
  4. pace lawn care

pace lawn care LawnSite Member

Where are you from? Don't know if I can afford the shipping if I don't know.
  5. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

4000.00 seems to be a good price - I wouldn't just give it away for any lower.
  7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

The exact machine where i live is around 5000 with so few hrs that price is really very,very,good. I wouldn't go any lower,just now broke in. Marks Mowing Service
  8. klite

klite LawnSite Member

Why don't you trade it in at the same dealer?
  9. Greenkeepers

from NE Ohio

Ken's got a good point. The dealer who sold it to you should give you a decent price on a trade for it. Try that!!
  10. KB

KB LawnSite Member

The dealer where I purchased the mower, who as far as I know is a very good dealer with 3 locations throughout the Atlanta area, did not want to talk about trade. He would take and try to sell for me, then sell me another Exmark. He obviously wants to make a little on the sell of my mower so there lies the problem. My price and his are probably about the same so naturally he will want to give me less. I am not that desperate for another mower. I wish I knew what his price for the mower was. By the way, I am in NE Georgia.