1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Please Help me with this Bid!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dave655, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

I know you guys get a lot of these, but I'm I sorry. This man stopped at a job I was doing the other day and asked if I would come take a look at his property and give him an estimant.
    My observations-
    - It will take about 2.5 hours for me to mow,trim, and blow.
    - pretty much flat
    - Lots of trimming!!!!
    - Lots of trees.
    My equipment-
    -48" walk behind
    - 21" push mower
    - Dolmar trimmer
    -Hand blower

I will be working solo on this job.

The two things I would like to know is what would your estimant be for this job? And what other things could I look for with bidding? Keep in mind that this is a residential, and I am doing this part time. Thanks so much for everything you guys and Gals are the best!!!!

Dave

2. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I think $75 sounds good to me if your times are right.

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

My bid would be $100.

Just by you saying it will take 2.5 hours doesnt mean it will take 2.5 hours. Common mistake, I have done it several times. It seems it always takes longer than you thought.

Trevor

4. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

hello,at 2 1/2 hours to complete the job , you have to think of the golden rule of a buck a minute,your time is important and your should charge for it, if their is a lot of trimming that is a real time comsumer and detail specific, i'd say $120. single ,100 if you want to give him a deal to incourage repeat work,,the size of it really depends on how much i'd charge ,big,flat with alot of trim, i'd probably hit him for $200 to $350 a month for 4 cuts, i'd like to think your time will get shorter as you get the groove of the yard,i had one that started out at 3 hours to complete,now i'm down to hour 15 min, don't know if my info helps,good luck

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

IF you were running a 60" ZTR, I'd say $150 every other week. Or make him a deal $125 week, assuming it takes you exactly 2.5 hours. Keeping in mind that a job that takes 2.5 hours with a ZTR is much more time consuming job than 2.5 hours with a 48" WB.

Accordingly, with a 48" WB, you'll need to drop the price to fit your specific equipment and productivity: ie. $120/$100, depending on how productive you are; just my guess though since I'm not there.

6. Dave655

Dave655 LawnSite Member

You guys are great, I was thinking around the same prices.