1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please help!!New to site, I bought a 36" Bobcat Hydro.. did I get a good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by bwaters932, Jan 23, 2014.

1. bwaters932

bwaters932 LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

I am new to the site, and I will post an introduction later, for now a quick background, been in lawn care and management off and on for the last ten years, going full time this year, I found a 36" Ransomes BobCat hydro with a grass gobbler at a pawn shop, it's a little hard to start cold, but runs nice, I'm not very experienced with the hydro mowers, but it drives nice also, the hydro fluid is nice and clean and the oil is about 50%. I paid $600.00 for this and an FC90 Stick Edger. I got the pawn shop to agree to warranty it for one day so I can make sure it's worth it. Any input will be greatly appreciated. I have about another 7 hours to decide. PLEASE HELP!!! :usflag:
  2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a good deal,
  3. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

thats a good deal on a hydro walk behind.
  4. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like a great deal even if does need a little work. Not sure what you mean the oil is %50 is that it is low or the tint of the oil itself?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. bwaters932

bwaters932 LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

Yep, this, looks like it was changed and used some before it was sold. Thanks for all the replies, it needs some paint, and new belts, but it seems like everything else is in pretty good shape.

I could also use advice on maintenance as I have never owned a hydro mower, I know oil changes and blade sharpening but what may I miss as a newcomer?:usflag:
  6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Hydros are maintance free
  7. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a great deal.

Hydro oil changes and filters.
    Posted via Mobile Device