1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please Help ! Sod How Much To Charge

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Ramone, Mar 16, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

your a smart guy, you have a good sence about you.... you will get better at it each time...... dont worry too much, take some of the fun out of it...:)
  2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

im at $55 an hour! thats what most people are around. and its 70hr for landscaping.
  3. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

60 sounds good
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge $40 per pallet (I can average 2 per hour if I push myself). If a job is 3 pallets or less then I'll pick the pallets up for $60 but anything more just have it delivered. Anything else I charge $1 per minute. If its tractor work its a min $200 just to load up.
  5. Gaturf

Gaturf LawnSite Member

$1 per min.....for almost everything, but you have to know how long it will take you and if your new at this you may want a different method until you get the hang of it.

6. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

i bill myself out at 50/hr...spring clean-ups min of 1 1/2 hrs.....
  7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

You people kill me with your $35/hr labor rate. No wonder everybody is always complaining about lowballers and not making any money....

I wouldnt touch a sod job if all I made was 35/hr per person....
  8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

$1 per minute, $50 an hour. I dont see how you guys can make much money.

I charge around $1.00 sq ft. Front yards are usually $1, backyards are usually more. All depends on the application.

Put it this way, I get sod job that is 3000 sq ft and I charge $1 per square foot. It costs me UNDER $900 for EVERYTHING:
    Sod, Topsoil, to get rid of the old stuff including disposal, labor for 2 men, Sod Cutter Rental.

I could have that done with 2 guys plus myself in less than 6 hours including EVERYTHING from tearout to rolling the yard at the end. So im walking away with $2000.

You tell me, would you rather do hourly, minute, or this way. This way for sure.
  9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Redwings if that really works for you up north thats impressive. Around here I'd never get a job pricing like that but I guess there just different markets.
  10. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

I get sod anywhere from 97-120 palet. I charge 275 to lay. That includes scalping lawn and sodding lawn and clean-up. Laying sod with ground prep. is 500 a palet.