Please help with bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KillaWhale, Jan 30, 2005.

1. KillaWhale

KillaWhale LawnSite Member

I have a client who is in a newly developing high scale neighborhood that is accepting bids for lawn maintenance or landscaping or both. What I need is for you guys to help get a base bid. I know you guys are going to ask about the lawns, size, frequency of cut, etc. I can answer that now because she told me about it today. I am a part timer and have never bid on anything this large. Any help, advice, harassment, I do not care what. I am excited to be able to have a shot at this. Thank you everyone for input in advance.

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Base bid for everything - One million dollars. Plus or minus one million.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I would base my price on my cost of doing business

5. stumper1620

me too!
    I'd like to know what hes got, I kinda like playing these in my mind and see how i come out. just keeps thing interesting.

6. KillaWhale

equipment wise I have this:

2 yazoo/kees 48" WB
    1 21" push mower
    2 McCulloch Backpack blowers
    2 old husquvarna trimmer
    2 crappy edgers
    Brand mew 280 stihl chainsaw
    6x12 open trailer
    76 wagoneer pulling it

I did a fall clean up for this client. They told me when I was done that they would help advertise. The neighborhood is 300k and up homes. i am guessing .25 to .5 acre lots above average bed sizes around house. Should be a typical mow, trim and blow, but client checking on exact needs. I apologize for the scattered q's, but I have never bidded on multiple homes at once. Do you take biggest home cost wise and the lowest and find the middle? Any thing I should be aware of with this kind of bid? If I can get this job, I can got full time payup that is why I am so nervous. :dizzy: Thanks again

7. KillaWhale

Also probably fall and spring clean ups. Do not know about ferting yet.

8. stumper1620

check county clerks office for plate map of that area, should give lot sizes, take those sizes, walk the area and note variables and work it from there.
    if this is an association be sure you spell out the services & note any extra special request will be billed as additional work. each home owner has their own ideas of how their lawn should be maintained.

9. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Keep in mind that when you go into a upscale neighbor hood,,DO NOT UNDERPRICE!!!Because if you are 2 cheap these kind of people kinda take as a you don't know what you are doing...if a normal yard brings $60.00 per cut..I would consider chargeing a upscale price of lets say $95.00 per cut,,,just an example :cool2:

10. KillaWhale

Client just gave me HOA president number to call Monday. Any suggestions on Q's. He is going to provide a plat of the areas which need to be maintained. I appreciate all the help you guys are giving.