1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please help with commercial letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by zohhhsix, Apr 25, 2007.

1. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

Can anyone show me the letter you send out to commercial accounts for bidding purpose. I am trying to get some commercial accounts but not sure what these letters look like and how to word them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

sample bid sheet, word doc.

Attached Files:

3. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

Thanks!!!! Perefect, thats what I was looking for. But, how do you get them to send you a request to even bid for commercial accounts.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

What do you mean "the letter you sent out"
  5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

What works best is something easy to read.

Lawnmowing and property maintenance "Bold this and make it larger font.

Call now to book all your mowing needs

That's all you need to say, and fax them. Most managers will keep them in a file till they need a quote. Believe me, the shorter you make it...THE BETTER.

These managers are busy...real busy, crazy busy and they DON'T have time to read.

Anyways, it has worked for us for years.
  6. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

^^^ DuraCutter,
    You are so RIGHT... I am a facility supervisor, and i can't stand it when sale guy's try BS, their way into your facility with how good they are and try to feed you a line. I get phone calls mail, people who show up with out a appt.. The ones that i call are not pushy and just dropped me a card or a nice letter with a list of services, just one page long. The rest is smoke and mirrors. The KISS rule works well with me.
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is interesting, because I am one of those who would be guilty of the sales tactics approach. With so many years of experience, it is like I feel the "need" to sell these services. Most people that I talk to tell me they are rather "impressed" by the letter and proposal, and that it seems that our company is proficient, to say the least. I don't send out very many of this particular letter anymore, as we do not bid on too many places for maintenance and full service anymore.
    I can sure see your point, though.
  8. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

Can you show me or email me example of one of your detailed proposals or letter please.
  9. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Try both ways, the longer letter with more info and the simple fax.

You'll be surprised but you do need to try them. We've booked over 75% of our season in sweeping parking lots from a 2 sentence fax! :)