please help with first commercial bid

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zohhhsix, Sep 27, 2006.

1. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

I have an opprotunity to give a bid on a commercial property. I need your expert help with this bid. I went to see the property and got the following information. I need help with pricing and labor cost to do the following. Any help would be appreciated.

Hotel
    Property size 6 acres
    turf mowing area about 2 acres (april through oct 24 mowings)
    160 trees needing mulch.approx 3 cu feet each 2 times a year ) 36 cubic yards
    flower beds mulch required is about 80 cubic yards
    spring and fall flowers
    aeration and overseeding 2 times a yr
    leaf removal 2 times a yr

2. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

I know someone must have Hotels account. I am trying to get some idea on monthly cost....

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Most guys could answer for all but the leaves because we do not see the trees, But why? Do you feel it is good business to bid jobs if you do not know how to figure the pricing. Only you know how long it will take you to do this job and only you know your overhead.
    If you really do not know these answers than you best action would be to not do this one yet-- but do many small jobs of all the different parts for many other people-- chart you time and costs and figure out what it will take to do all the parts, than next time you go out just add up the parts that a job will take and figure a price that you can and will live with.

4. extremerc76

extremerc76 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

i mow a commercial account with about 3 acres for $275 i ran into the same problem when quoteing this job, it was my first commercial account. hard to help without seeing property and knowing what equiptment you have, how many people working, etc. i feel that $275 is a fair price for my account, but may not be for another 3 acre property. you have to make the call on the quote yourselfpayup