1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please help with large bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Quality Lawn Care, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Quality Lawn Care

Quality Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm bidding on a large project and would like some help please.
    It is 7 office buildings all next to each other. There is
    981,000 sq.ft. of turf to mow. what would you charge to mow,trim, blow. The amount of trimming is average for 7 buildings.

Any help would be great.
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

tell more about the property, hills, terrain, when you have to mow, liabilities, safety, fences, etc.
  3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

So little info. and nothing to work with. The best I can tell you is what LCO's charge by the acre in this area which is $55-$65. Your measurement is 22.53 acres. At $55/acre the total is $1239/cut. At $65/acre the total is $1464/cut.
  4. Dave W

Dave W LawnSite Member

I agree with the post from Earth managment, but......... be carefull , is it seasonal or per visit? trimming is a major factor. I do a 20 acre property here in Syracuse and actually make more on the detail work than mowing cuz of all the bed trimming and other things that need to be trimmed around.
  5. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

$20 per building; trim, edge, and blowing off sidewalks + $1 per k sq. ft. of lawn + $20 stop fee = $1141.00 :confused:
  6. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

$1,226.25 out the door. thats $1.25 per thousand sq ft. you will make about $45.00 per man hour if you dont d*** the dog! Good Luck!
  7. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I will go with Earth Management and Lawn Work's pricing infrastructure - which ever one work for you best.
    These bigger commercial contracts wants everything you do stipulated but they dont want to see a page full of service fees next to every little thing you do on the bid sheet.
    Give them a fixed price per 1k sqft or per acre - mow, trim and blow.
    Edging cents per linear foot when requested or when needed or 1x monthly, etc.
    Make sure you do your cost analysis in detail before putting a price to your service.

TIP: Dont trim all the complex with every mowing. Trim one half of the buildings/properties good one week and the other half of the buildings/properties next week. Figure how much time ($$$) you will save yourself.

Good Luck