Please Help

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gcbama, Jun 10, 2007.

1. gcbama

gcbama LawnSite Member

I have a clien who just had a inground swimming pool installed. The companey that installed the pool has left a long strip about 50 ft. long and about 10 ft wide that really just killed the grass (bermuda) with their heavy trucks etc. She wants me to re-sow this section and the sections around the pool that the grass was removed when they dug the pool. I need to knoe the best wat to re-sow bermuda for her. I was thing of roto-tilling about 2 inches and spreading the seed with fertilizer and then straw with plenty of water daily. Please let me know what you would do. Thanks in advance.

Gcbama

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I hve run across several very compacted lawns that needed renovation. What I did was to roto-till about 3-4 inches, then seed heavily and cover with straw, continuing to overseed every week for about a month. The end result was very nice with fescue.

3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Depending on her grass,sowing may not be an option.If she has hybrid bermuda,then common or improved common will not match.PM me if you want me to help you.I'll have to look at the site to determine what's best and you can take it from there.