Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrUPS, Jul 19, 2002.

1. MrUPS

MrUPS LawnSite Member

I am finally going to break down and buy some new hedge clippers, I would like to buy an all in one pkg. The power source, Trimmer attachment, and The articulating Hedge Clipper attachment.
    Just dont know which brand to go witih?? Shindaiwa, Echo, Sthil
    or maybe their might be another brand that I dont know about.
    Just wondering what everyone else is using???
    Please any type of advice is helpfull
    Also what is a good Price?? I've been qouoted 500 to 700
    Thank you
    Rob

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Rob:

Great name...obviously a man of distiction and fine character !! I honestly don't think that you can go wrong with any of the three choices that you mention. They are all top notch commercial quality manufacturers and have a good following. I recently purchased a Stihl FS-80 trimmer and am delighted with it. I looked at all three (wanted to look at Redmax, too, but closest dealer was much further away) and decided that the Stihl was best for me.

3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer Tanaka myself. Thier products are great quality, but thier warranties are the BEST. They had some issues with some 2cycle oil a couple years ago, and they replaced ALL my equip that i had used it in. no questions asked. In hedge trimmers, i would get the swivil head. Also, get the longest set you can get. You can make them work for small jobs, but you cant make small ones work for big jobs. Just my 2 cents worth. GL

4. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax extended reach. Bought it last fall,the dealer here had a special going on.
    Quality machine IMO.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I like Stihl. Neither my blower or trimmer have given me any trouble since I bought either. My trimmer is almost 2 months old and my blower is almost 2 years old. Both run great and I put about 10 hours a week on them.

6. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Man, you won't go wrong with either of those three brands you mentioned. They are all top of the line.

We use Shindaiwas for all our trimmers and stick edgers. They won't die.

We have a Stihl artic. hedge trimmer and it is great too. Gets clogged up some times and needs serviced. But otherwise runs great. Never dies. Love the machine. Was just using it at my house this evening.

Echo is great too. I just don't own any of them other than blowers. Love the Echo Blowers. They are the most ergonomic, IMO.