Please help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Four Star, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Four Star

Four Star LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where the sediment bowl is located on the 36" Exmark Metro walk behind?
    I'm about to put it away for storage, and I cannot for the life of me find the sediment bowl that I'm supposed to remove to drain the fuel.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

on the engine:laugh:

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are playing that in South Carolina this year. Not until after the playoffs, though.:D

No, in all seriousness, look under the carb. I believe this is where you'll find it.

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

What motor do you have? The kaw's are just the lower portion of the carb I believe.

I drain nothing, I always run a fuel addative, then some stabil in the fuel before putting them in storage,very easy.

Jay

5. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

I'm with Shady Brook. We shut off the fuel at the tank and then run the engines till they quit running, thus running all the fuel out of the carb. We also add fuel stabilizer before this last process is completed.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I just shut fuel off at tanks . the mowers and what not are only gunna be sitting for 12 to 16 weeks not long enough for me too worry about it . I have not had any trouble with any of my equipment in over 20 years doing it this way

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If you have a Kohler, look for your air cleaner assembly, should be 5 or 6 inches beneath that.
    Before you drain your fuel, run stabilizer thru it.

Matt

8. GLC

GLC LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Well, me I just let my sit for the few months. If possible, I crank them maybe once a week or so to keep everything fine. I once had a 16hp briggs sit for an entire year. Got up one day, pulled out choke, gave it a pull and it fired right up. I guess it has to do with how u keep them up when they ar e running.

9. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Supposedly (this is what I hear anyway) the float in the carb can be damaged somehow during long periods of inactivity. Around here they will probably be inactive for 4-5 months. This is why we run the fuel out of the carb bowls.