please help!!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cajuncutter, Jun 13, 2003.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I am in need of a new engine for my Shortcut 1500. I have called all over the states and no one can match my engine for I have an invalid spec number. I have learned that these people are too lazy to look it up with their computers..this is sad. Any way here is my info.

Kholer Command 22
    Family # SKH624U1G2RB
    Model# CV22S
    Spec# 67546
    Disp 624
    Serial number 2806509211

What info I have gathered thus far is that the shaft is 25.375 mm in dia which comes to 0.9990157 inches. I would like to know if the CV725S-1 would replace it. This is the 25 with a 1 inch chaft. I do not know what the spec is on the crank and if it happens to have the larger alt. then that should not be a big deal. Please let me know something asap. I called KHOLER but all I get at the 1800 number is a fella telling me all he can do is give me the number to my local dealer, and the folks around here seem to know nothing.
    Regards
    Caj

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have to have the model and spec off the 25hp to find out if the cranks are the same, or at least the same measurement.
    The CV725S-1 model # is not a valid #.
    It needs to be something like CV25S and with a spec #
    Without having both motors there side by side I can not say that the 25 will work.
    They could have different mountings, different cranks, alternators, wiring harness....the list goes on....
    Try and get the model and spec off that 25

Later
    Pj

3. cajuncutter

Pj. sent you a pm. Lets say I do go with the 1 1/8 th shaft do you guys have a replacement for the pully?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The only pulleys we have are for the original application.
    Now if we used another engine that had a 1 1/8 crank on it, we would have pulleys for it.
    I will have to check and see what size crank was on the Kawasaki powered Shortcuts.
    I wont be able to find out til Monday

Later
    Pj

5. cajuncutter

I was wondering if the Kaw had the 1 1/8 shaft. Please let me know.

6. cajuncutter

PJ did you find out anythiong? Also after sever headaches figuring this all out my engine is no longer in production. I spoke with a Lonnie there at Excel and he hooked me up with the guys at Medart. They were very helpful. This is what I have found out this far. The only engine available is the Kohler CV25S with the spec id. of 69535. Easy enough I figure till I get the price of that jewel. I can build a 302 roller and run high 12's in the quarter for what they want for that thing. Perhapse it is time for a new mower :-(

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I found out the same info you did.
    Medart is a Kohler distributor and will be your best chance at getting what you need.
    I am not totally confident that a engine you buy over the internet is the right choice.
    I would by the proper replacement.

Later
    Pj

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

The Big Kaw can be ordered with a 1 1/8 or 1 3/8 shaft. Check the Kaw specs. I have a 1 1/8 to go with my electric clutch.
    Pete

9. cajuncutter

but what I would need is the pully to put on the 1 1/8 shaft of a kohler..it has to be the right pully for a shorcut not a Z