Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawn, Sep 1, 2004.

1. lawn

lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Two of my customers sold their house and they are moving out at the end of the month. I would like to continue taking care their lawn, they will give the new owners my phone number in case they need me, but I would like to send them a letter introducing myself and my company but my problem is that I do not know write good in english. So I was wondering if someone can help me with that. Thanks!

2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Dare i ask what you do write good in??

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi lawn,

You write very well here! Maybe if you type out here what you would like to say, you could get some constructive criticism to help you.

4. lawn

Hi lawn,
    You write very well here!

Thank you for the compliment.

I would like to send them a letter saying that we have been working in that property for an x amount of time and we would like to continue. Something like that more or less...:)

5. reneekrause

reneekrause LawnSite Member

Dear Lawn,
    We have encountered the same situation in the past ourselves. I have developed a form letter that includes the new owners name (if available) and starts out as a welcome to the neighborhood and information on how long you have been in business and what services your company provides. Telling the new owners that you are very interested in providing continued service to the property. Do not forget to include a couple of business cards.
    You do not want to seem desperate to keep the business as some property owners can see and/or sense that and you will end up providing service for a far less amount.
    Just practice writing the letter and have a friend read it as if they were a potential client. Just remember to keep it professional and friendly, and factual. Hope this helps in some way.

Regards

6. lawn

Thanks Renee! :)

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Lawn, I read some of your past posts. You posted this same question back in May.

????????

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I like these situations sometimes. If its a PITA lawn, then I don't bother trying to keep it. If you underbid it, you can "readjust" with the new owners.

I just knock on the door, say "Hi, I did the lawn for the previous owners. Here's my card, I'd be happy to provide service for you if you are interested."