Please keep children and pets off until_______

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawncuttinfoo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

Why are none of my lesco purchased products (momentum, q4, granular ferts, ect) labeled to instruct the user what to say to this?

2. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Certified applicators are assumed to already know this answer.

3. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

Very true Tremor.

4. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

My test asked nothing of the sort.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Fool

Just because the test didn't ask that question, You don't have to know the Answer?????????????????????????

You Never read the word "Re-entry" on any pesticide Label????

Please use your Freaking common sense, If you have any.

6. mrkosar

mrkosar LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

i'm a certified applicatior and never remember being taught this while getting my license. my old boss used to say wait until it is dry. i say wait about 2-3 hours. have heard others say 5-10 minutes. so what is it tremor?

what about grub control? water it in then let it dry...then the pets and kids are allowed on it? i couldn't find anything on the label.

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

My personal opinion is that this is a VERY valid question. Not one to be slammed Ric.

I feel that label verbiage SHOULD be redesigned. Make it in plain(er), easier to read. Not that I have trouble with them, but I feel that some may be overwhelmed with the "big" words and hidden facts.

I read EVERYTHING on a label at least twice, and sometimes I find myself reading parts yet again when actually mixing the product. If all this "vanilla" info was all in one place on the label with easy to read verbiage, there would be far fewer problems.

8. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

The label is the law!
    You must fully comply with everything on the label and must have the label with you when applying.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

TLS

Let me apologize, I forget that while Florida has the hardest Pesticide test and testing requirements, the rest of the nation buy their license at the local drug store.

Study Material for the Florida Test Includes SM001 "Applying Pesticides Safely" Re-entry Time is covered in that manual. Many of the Ag labels do have Re-enty Time listed for Field Groves and Nurseries. How ever products without re-entry times are considered safe upon being dry.

Now Every Applicator should be putting a Sign on each location he treats. That sign called a Pesticide warning sign, In All States, Says

STAY OFF UNTIL DRY

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Very true Ric, but what about granular? They go down dry.

On my flags, when I apply granular, I simply cross off "DRY" and write in "WATERED IN".

Saves a lot of confusion when the customer knows I apply granular and they read the flag and see reference to wet/dry.