Please let me know what I need to work on

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by kajunlawncare, Mar 14, 2014.

1. kajunlawncare

kajunlawncare LawnSite Member

Hi so it's my first website. Let me say now, this website is not finished. There are spots where text isnt finished but just has fillers. Please let me know what you think.

www.kajunlawncare.biz

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

You need a .com

There is already a Krazy Kajun on here. You're name sounds very close to his
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. kajunlawncare

I have already purchased .com , but due to some rule of not being able to transfer for 60 days i can't use for a little bit. In 58 days ill use .com

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

The pics behind your service tags don't match at all. Pics of garbage bags and front loader with dumpster.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah and the grammar needs to be gone over
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Twinlakes

Twinlakes LawnSite Member

Good for you!

The only dot I have is in my initials.
    So far that is...

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

I responded in your other thread. Glad that was you who registered the .com.

You shouldn't have to transfer your domain name. If you own it, you should just be able to change the nameservers to point to Wix. Google "point namecheap domain to wix" or some such and I'm sure you'll find the relevant help page.

Your homepage image looks...familiar.

8. kajunlawncare

It has been updated. I forwarded my webpage, thanks for the help. It still says .biz, but if you put www.kajunlawncare.com , it is forwarded to .biz .

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Your .com is currently going to a Wix error page.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...47/78/how-to-link-my-domain-to-my-wix-account

Why would you forward a .com to a .biz? My advice would be to forget your .biz exists and just use your .com. .biz is that drunk cousin :drinkup: you only see around the holidays. He's the one who keeps telling you he's a legit businessman, doing super serious business'y things, all the while you know this means he's getting ready to pitch you a MLM scheme.

Domain Draft Order:
    1. .com
    2. .net
    3. .org/.co/.io/.ly
    7. some other ones
    15. .biz

10. kajunlawncare

Well the .com is from cheapname.com , and my .biz is from wix.com. I made the mistake making my .com on cheapname so im stuck there for 57 days until i can transfer my .com to wix. Aside from the url, does the site look any better? Thanks for the input.