Please,,, Listen guys!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddboygeorge, Sep 4, 2007.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

If your truck or trucks dont have fire extinguishers in them , please go buy one! today i experienced total loss of a truck an equipment due to a simple breather fire that turned terrible! It happened so quickly , if i have had a fire extinguisher it was a simple fix! please take this as a lesson learned by me , get a fire extinguisher in all your trucks , sincerely George

2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good idea, thanks for the reminder. Plus it's a DOT requirement. :)

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Why didn't you off-load the equipment? Sorry for your loss.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry for your loses!!

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I got most of the hand tools off but it was progressing so quickly an I was worried about it exploding !!

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

what did you lose and do you have pics?

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear about that happening. I keep a fire extinguisher in all my veichles and have 1 in the shop as well. You never know...

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, i learned the hard way also as some spilt fuel hit the muffler and ignited my walk behind on fire. I luckily had an extinguisher, but it was discharged, just enough powder in it to shake out and put it out. Now we have one in the truck and one on the trailer.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yea forgot ot mention Thank for the reminder and i sorry for the loss of your stuff.

10. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That makes sense!! I would be worried about that too. But I don't think it would explode like in the movies...but I understand. I once had a Jeep catch on fire while 4-wheeling. I jumped out and hauled butt away from it, my spotter grabbed the extinguisher and put it out.
    Are you going to claim it on your insurance? Hopefully, they will take care of it. Do you have back-up equipment or are you down for a while?