Please look at my new site

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SprinklerGuy, Mar 9, 2005.

1. kerdog

kerdog LawnSite Member

Hey SprinklerGuy------

You site looks o.k. .....I would suggest re-wording the comments about using drip irrigation. Talk more about the benefits of installing drip (the +'s) uses less water, more effective watering, less evaporation, etc. Then quietly mention the downside of drip is that it COULD require more maintenence, (because of hard water, emitters clogging, filters, etc.) and that's where you come in...you're an expert in drip.

Only one real criticism, a pet peeve with me, I HATE having to scroll the screen back and forth (sideways) to read what is on anybody's site. I have read that it can be annoying to most people. I think it should be an easy fix.

Web-sites seem to always be a work in progress...which is a good thing, for your customers, they like seeing new content. See ya......

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Tony. I'm back from vacation. I also need to talk to you about a project.

Site looks good. Better than the last one. It looked cluttered and just thrown together. I like this one better. The problem that kerdog mentioned is due to screen resolution. Each person has a preference for their own screen resolution size and it can affect the look of a site. It can be changed to where it fits all screen reso. sizes but I don't know how. My girlfriend might. I'll have her look at the code again and see what she can come up with.

Did you do it yourself or hire someone?

3. Myself..lol, I am considering hiring my buddy to do it...but it is so friggin expensive.
    I can change the size of the screen and it is pretty easy....but I don't want to. Lazy.

Call me whenever about a project if you like.....

4. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

take the company name off the compressor...why advertise for them? have your logo put over the 'sullair' logo.

if they are not helping you, why should you advertise for them? i know it sounds petty, but that is just me.

brian :realmad:

5. WhohasHelios?

WhohasHelios? LawnSite Member

I like it!
    Nice and simple..clear..clean...I have my reso set really high..so I did not have to scroll side to side, though I agree that that is annoying at times. I think you left a bit of the template text there though, "click here to add your text" ...You may want to get rid of that.

-Reuben

6. amw

amw LawnSite Senior Member

your website looks pretty good..