Please need help!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Exmarkboy13, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone. Allow me to intruduce myself. I am a teenager who has been in the business for 6 years. I am looking for a commercial walk behind and need some help. I am comparing between these models.

Exmark 36" metro with ecs
    Exmark 36" viking with ecs
    Scag SWZ 36"
    Scag Sw 36"
    Maybe scag 36" pro v and maybe Toro proline.

I am 14 years old and live in an area with mostly gated propertys, so i cant use anything bigger. There are not many steep hills or inclines at all, but i have heard things about belts slipping even if the grass is alittle wet. is this true?? i want to save as much money as possible. I want a machine that will last a long time with proper maintenance. I wont even bring up stripping and cut quality because all of these machines do a nice job. I want to also have a sulky. I have not had a chance to demo any of these yet. But i will. My main concern is that i am young, so i want something that is very easy to squeeze. thats why im leaning towards the ECS controls on the Exmark. Are hydros easier to control and squeeze than belt drives? how are the belt drives in reverse?? If you own any of these machines in these sizes, please post pictures. i am especially intrested in the viking and metro, but scag and toro also. I also want a nice looking machine, i know it sounds stupid, but i hate super small tires and cluttered junk.

So thanks alot!!!!! and please help!:):)

2. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

You have been landscaping since you were 8?

3. Exmarkboy13

yes. in my neightbor hood.:) did afew peoples lawns.

4. vinnieobrien

vinnieobrien LawnSite Member

how many accounts do you have per week?

5. Exmarkboy13

trying to get 35. But can someone PLEASE help me!!!:confused:

6. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

all good choices IMO.

7. rhyan6

rhyan6 LawnSite Member

i personally like the ferris best did not see it on your list, out of those i would go with any all good choices.

8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a hydro over a belt drive..I have a belt drive 48 scag and when it starts to rain on me or the grass is kinda of tall and wet, then it will start slipping baddly...the upside of belts...they are A LOT cheaper and easier to replace then hydros.

9. Thomas Grundy

Thomas Grundy LawnSite Member

36 Viking ecs. Learn how to pop gates. Sometimes we get out the sockets and unhook the fence at the post and gate. wrap your waste with a rope to pull the fence tite to hook it back up.

10. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

Whatever make you decide on get the hydro version. IMO, they more productive and are less strenuous on the body, and they pull a stand on platform better.