Please note Everride blade price and issues

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topsites, Oct 4, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

These issues came to my attention in the past week concerning the Everride Warrior 60", thou they also affect the slightly smaller unit (52" I think).

Dealer price and type: $17.odd each, and ONLY Lo-lifts.

J-Thomas: $8.99 each, thou only Hi-lifts.

2. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Thanks for that info. I know where I will buying my next set of blades for my 54". Are the blades that come new with the mower low lifts? I thought they were high lifts but I never have looked under the deck.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

That's nothing..Our local dealer wanted $ 81.00 for a set of high lifts for a 48" Stander. I get them all day long for $ 6.99 each, and people wonder where the dealer loyalty has gone??

4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

52" Z Master blades
    Dealer: $54.00
    J-Thomas $26.37

Less than 1/2 price.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Same place as the customer loyalty..

EDIT:

That is the LCO's customers loyalty. As soon as somebody comes along to offer to cut their grass $5 cheaper, "you're fired".

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Buy your mower from J-Thomas and take it to them for warranty work...

7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

are the blades identical as in thickness? if theyre not as thick then they aren't worth buying. i learned that lesson. i bought some cheaper "online blades" and bent one within the week. but if they are identical then the dealers need to get in the ballgame..

8. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

By the looks of some of the prices these guys are saving, they could afford to ship a 1000lb Z to J-Thomas and take it to them for warranty work.
    My Gravely dealer wants $100 each for OEM blades for my 260Z. :dizzy:
    I simply go to one of the local small engine parts shops and they get me blades for $20. I also have bought my own blade sharpener. The Gravely dealer charges $7 per blade!!! I paid for the sharpener in less than 3 months of sharpening my own blades!!
    I took my Scag walk behind and Gravely 260Z down for my annual tune up and check up this spring. I paid $390. Yea, I don't have any loyalty either. After all, look how they show their appreciation to me. :dizzy:

Craig

9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

After reading this post I called the dealer here and he gets $12 each for oem blades.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am not sure because they're under the deck right now, but I spoke to another gentleman with the same machine today, and his has mulchers... I made a comment about that and he said BOTH the sets were POS (meaning he went out and bought the mulchers to replace the others), which leads me to believe that they are, indeed, all lo-lifts.

When I ordered them through the dealer, I specifically mentioned 'hi-lifts' and 3 days later they call me and I run over, just to find 'Lo-lift' stamped on the sticker (and then I saw the price, double sticker shock lol), and I said I didn't want them... He called me back later and said he called Everride and that ALL everride sells is low lifts, so even though I have not actually checked the blades under the machine, I have strong reason to believe that it came with low lifts...

Which would also explain some of the high speed streaking and the fact that the Warrior doesn't clear driveways worth a crap... My 48" blows a TON of air out of the chute in comparison (it has hi lifts).

Once I get my order in (I ordered 9 hi lifts), I will know for sure when I compare them side by side, but as for now I suspect it with almost absolute certainty that I already know the outcome lol