please offer consrtuctive Criticism

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Manorlawncare, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Manorlawncare

Manorlawncare LawnSite Member

Hi Everyone if anyone has some constructive words for my site I would appreciate it. My first site took over three months and I completely over customized it to the point I killed it. My second site took a week and I think it is just about there. Thanks for your help

2. Dave does lawns

Dave does lawns LawnSite Senior Member

where does your website live?

3. Manorlawncare

Manorlawncare LawnSite Member

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Site looks good. You put some effort in to that one, which is great.

- Location/Contact info should be up top and easy to find. Tiny little phone number in the bottom right corner doesn't scream, "Call me so I can sell you stuff!". You actually make it easier for someone to contact you if they want a job, via the employment opp link, than to hire you.

- Your Google Map location is on the home page, but your contact page has nothing more than your address and phone number listed.

- A list of cities put in to your footer is an easy keyword stuffing marker for Google to penalize you for.

- Your business address matches up to another, ongoing landscaping company? Phone number is at least different, but the address is the same. From a citation standpoint, you're not doing yourself any off-site SEO favors.

- While she's attractive, your customer service girl is an easy mark as stock photography and immediately diminished your legitimacy/credibility when I got to it. It's the hallmark of virtual and vapor businesses.

- Same slide show on the home page and services page makes me scroll to see that I did actually end up on a new page. As I click through, I see it reused on other pages. That's a full screen of the same content to scroll past to see that I'm actually on the page I want to be on.

- I don't understand the Blog sub-menu as the pages are not a blog.

- Good looking, professional site and then I hit a freebie email address?

- I've gotten to the point where, if I see a WP site loading slowly, I know that the odds are great that I'm looking at a GoDaddy-hosted site. Site performance and load times are something to keep an eye on. Google does.

- Sweep for punctuation (or lack of), spelling, and grammar issues.

- Going back to the slide show, since it's a recurring object, I would try to give it a bit more appeal. I don't go subjective too often with reviews, but I just don't find it very engaging.

- Title and H tags could use some attention to more localized keywords.

- Due to WP, plugins, scripts, etc, some of the pages have very little actual content. The home page is a shade under 9% content, 91% code.

5. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Tony...kind of a fan of your comments here. Can we see some of your work (websites)? Thanks bud...