Please please help............

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by bama connection, May 29, 2005.

1. bama connection

bama connection LawnSite Member

First...... I am "just" a homeowner that consistently reads the great info on Lawnsite.

I have an EMERGENCY question, and I do not know who or where to get help.

My obese, female, yet wealth, neighbor recently decided to get married to a white trash idiot roofer. He has now made her home THEIR home. Let's just say, our neighborhood happens to be alot different than anywhere he has lived before.

Well, this SOB, dumped the entire bucket of ice-cream rock salt out on my beautiful St. Augustine grass.

I was walking around the side of my house, and I could not believe what I was seeing. It had to have been there for over 12+ hours. Lucky for them, they are still not home. I quickly got what salt I could up with a shovel, then watered the heck out of it. I did some googling and read to put 1/2 cup of non-bacterial dish soap per gallon of water on the area...waited a while then watered like crazy.

It's the holiday weekend, and ya'll are the professionals....so please help.....Is there ANYTHING that I can do to help my grass....

Another problem is that my side yard drains into my backyard......I have a beautiful hibiscus that was only 7 feet "downstream" from the salty water.

Thank anyone for any help that you can give......My yard is beautiful and I hope to keep it that way without killing the man or having to sue him/her for being liable.

2. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Water the hell out of it and call the cops. This is vandalism plain and simple. If you don't stop it now, it'll only get worse. Sounds like a real loser.

3. stryper

stryper LawnSite Member
    from IL

Nah...don't call the cops. Unless the damage was intentional, there's nothing they can do. Your new neighbor may be an oaf, an a**, and an idiot, but that doesn't necessarily make him a bad guy. Sounds to me like there will be some damage, so point it out to the guy (and his bride), and see what the response is. If they do the right thing--help with repair, restitution, whatever--then move on and hope the lesson was learned.

If not, kill him...it's the only way. (He's probably got so many lawsuits pending that another won't make any difference whatsoever.)

4. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

..."If not, kill him...it's the only way. (He's probably got so many lawsuits pending that another won't make any difference whatsoever.)".....

L O L !!!

5. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know if I agree that he is just an oaf. If he didn't know it was bad, why didn't he dump it on his own yard? Even if, hypothetically, he did not know it would damage your lawn, why is he dumping his garbage (of any sort) on your property?

I have no neighbors adjoining my property, so I am spoiled and have little practice dealing with these sorts of issues, but I think I would have scooped it all up and thrown it in their yard. I wouldn't have dumped it in a pile, though; I would have spread it around.

Of course, I'd probably end up in one of those neighbor vs. neighbor feuds you see on tabloid TV from time to time.

6. bama connection

bama connection LawnSite Member

I totally agree. Something is not right with the whole situation.

I have asked numerous friends and family about what they think about my neighbor dumping rock ice on my yard, and I have yet to find one that can justify his actions as being an accident.

Also, if it was an accident, why did they not immediately clean up the huge pile of salt???? They left it there for me to find. Both of them are VERY well aware of the time, effort, and money that I put into my lawn and landscaping.

I am venting I know, but what happened is actually inexcusable for a neighbor to do.

I am a calm guy, own a local business, and too old to fist fight (unless I have too) but when my neighbors get home, I have got to make them aware of the seriousness of their negligent or vigilant actions.

What you you say?

I already left a sticky note on their door with the message to "please do not dump any additional ice cream salt on my grass Thanks ------"

But I have got to confront them in person to nip this in the bud.

First he wants to park three commercial vehicles in his back yard (his new wife's (sugar-momma) little home is the worst on the street, yet worth over $335,000) and now he dumps rock salt. Boy, what do I have to look forward to?

7. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a nice fence should be in the works....