Please post some trailer pics.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Affordable RS, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Affordable RS

Affordable RS LawnSite Member
    from C FL

I think I am going to get a new trailer. So far it will be an Open 16 x 6.5, 2' mesh sides, Tandem w/brakes on both, a cage on the front and gate on the drivers side. I will order Xtreme racks for shaft equipment as soon as they are available. I also will have the rear gate reinforced and maybe extended to 5'.

Have I missed anything? Please post pics of your 16' or 14' opens and talk about what works and does not.

Thanks! JT

2. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

One of mine, 16', trimmer traps, cage, etc[​IMG]

3. Affordable RS

from C FL

Thanks jrc lawncare!

I like the ramps on the back gate. I guess the cage opens to the trailer side, most I have seen open to the front. its nice having the tubes there.

How much clearance do you have under the box from the deck?

Thanks, JT

4. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

When you say "a gate on the drivers side", do you mean a side (second) gate? If so, that would have you loading/unload into traffic. Side gate should be on the passenger side.

5. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a 14' open with 2 foot sides, but they are solid steel. Works good for hauling mulch and doing clean ups.

6. jrc lawncare

I think about 2' or 30'', enough to sneak a 21'' under if necessary.....

7. jrc lawncare

Another pic....[​IMG]

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]
    here is mine! designed by me.
    6.5'x16'
    landscape basket, 4' gate on side,back gate. racks goin on this week!

9. Affordable RS

from C FL

Yes Ron, a second gate.

We thought about the traffic thing. But it really isn't an issue. We won't use the gate that much and most stops are in fields and parking lots. If we are on the street its a sub division with a car passing every hour or two. I still could drop it and take a WB off and put the gate back in a minute or so. The curb side needs the trimmer and blower racks . They will get used at every stop. It would be more of a hazard for us having them on the traffic side. If that makes sense. The only reason I was considering the second gate was it was only $150 - $200 more. I figured no big deal and it may be useful from time to time.

But that's why I posted this . So everyone could make me rethink things.

Thanks, JT

10. Affordable RS

from C FL

Humm... 30" I think would clear the deck pedal on my ZTR. I will have to add PVC to the cage for sure.

Thanks, JT