please price

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobbygedd, Mar 18, 2002.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i need a price please. no prep work, installing 16 ilex compacta, 12 gold eyonomous, 4 pygmy crimson barberry, 2 blue rug juniper, all 3 gallon container size. also, one thundercloud plum(2") caliper, one snow ftn cherry(7 gal container) 1 weeping blue atlas cedar(b&b, about 5 ft net) 8 perenials retailing at about $8 ea. 2.5 ton 3/4 " red stone, 2 yds topsoil. materials will need to be deliverd in 2 trips, unfortunately job site is about 15 miles from shop. work to be done by 2 man crew. please, i would really apreciate a few bids, by licensed and insured companies only. thanks alot

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

It is extremly difficult to bid that job without having your cost for each shrub you are using. Prices vary greatly from area to area.

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

well, im saying, if u did the job, in yur area?

4. Sam Grinold

Sam Grinold LawnSite Member

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I would be at between 3000-3500 depending on the conditions of the site. How far the stone and top soil have to be moved etc.

6. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

I'm curious? Why would you want to know our prices ( by the way I'd be at about $4000cdn) ? My costs have nothing to do with your costs. The price of say, labour is so different from place to place how will knowing my price help you? There is no such creature as the "going rate". As many defunct companies can attest to.
    Be careful of your costs to remain competitive and charge as much as you can get away with. It's called capitalism and I thought you Americans invented it!
    I want to be the best landscape company around, this means I'm one of the most expensive. I donate time and money to various community projects but to do this I have to make lots of money. When people call me they know they are getting a quality, professional company and expect to pay the cost. We have established ourselves as the high end landscapers and I don't have to deal with those looking for a bargain.

7. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

I agree, between $3,000 and $3,500 depending on cost of crew and materials. Sounds like a nice little job.

Good Luck Little Guy:blob2:

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

i know how to price, i do alot of small installs such as these. i did this estimate already, i was just curious to see what others would charge. i know what i need to charge, its just a curiousity thing. i know that people get more than one estimate on a job, and when i dont get the job i wonder what the other companies bid on the job. as far as your costs(or overhead) compared to others, i dont think the customer says to himself, "well, ill gladly pay an extra $1000 to xyz landscaping, cus i know his overhead is higher". if joe shmoe presents himself as a proffesional company, just as xyz did, and xyz bid $1000 higher, chances r customer will hire joe shmoe. with so many illegitimate companies around, and legitimate companies who r still in the "development ,or learning stage", prices vary greatly. my bid came in at $2950. site is prepped, very accesable. i can pull the truck right up and shovel stone directly into beds, no wheelbarrowing. nice little job, ill take one every day just like this if i can get it. thanks for all the replies.

10. kermit

kermit LawnSite Member

A half decent salesman will get the higher price. I never worry about being high priced. If you set your sights low thats what you'll hit. A job is not a job. Every job is different and we outperform. If you price a KIA the customer will expect a KIA. If you price a Cadillac the customer may (and deserves) buy a Cadillac.
    Do't sell yourself short, explain why you are more. Sell your price, don't price to sell.