1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please Rate My Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by GreenerSide, Feb 16, 2011.

1. GreenerSide

GreenerSide LawnSite Member

Over the winter I decided to build my own website. I know its not perfect, but please let me know what you think and if there is anything wrong with it.

All feedback will be helpful. Thanks in advance
  2. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

fantastic! two suggestions I have for you is

1- Automatically go to the home page after the intro finishes. that's big

2- make the text more visible, and bigger. whether making the backdrop more transparent (whiter) or change the text color and size

other than that, I think it's awesome

good job
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

looks good you got an A
  4. iso_trout

iso_trout LawnSite Member

Really nice work. I'm feeling not-so-hot about mine after seeing that!
  5. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I think it looks nice. One thing you may want to consider is getting a P.O Box number for the business. I don't like have my home address out on the web. Who are you using for you turf dealer?
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Having just been throughly reviewed by my peers here at Lawnsite I can offer some suggestions.

1: Add the name of the area you service into the ********* section of your code. Google looks closely at the title for information

2: You spelled the word "business" wrong on the meta description section.

3: Google almost completely ignores the meta keywords.

4: Can you move logo.jpg over to the middle? I'm not sure why you have it pulled to the left side but it looks a little weird over there.

5: On your services page under the Fertilizer Program section you spelled "effective" wrong. You spelled it "effecitive".

6: Under aeration you have "We strongly recommend an overseeding treatment is completed in conjunction with aeration." It just reads funny like that. I had to read it a couple of times to understand what you're trying to say. I'd write "We strongly recommend that an overseeding treatment is completed in conjunction with aeration.

7: Under Power Raking you have "Power raking removes excess organic debris from the lawn such as thatch which can build-up underneath the live grass." I'd add a comma and a word. Power raking removes excess organic debris from the lawn such as thatch, which can build-up underneath of the live grass.

8: Under Spring/Fall cleanup you have "No time to clean up your yard." Is that a question or a statement? If it's a question put a question mark at the end. If it's a statement it is seriously incomplete to the point I can't understand what you're trying to say.

9: You've made so many mistakes on the FAQ section it would take me an hour to type them out. Start with "Gradually lower your mowing height in the fall back to 2.5" - 3" to help lateral growth and helps for sustain your grass over the winter"

This can account for as much as 1/3 of the need nitrogen for your lawn.

Drop back. Take a deep breath and go back over everything with a fine tooth comb. It'll look fine when you're done.
  7. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

You did a super job on the website... looks very nice A+++!!!
    Holy Cow!!! $7 per 1000 for aeration and $11 per 1000 for slice seeding? Is that plus a high hourly rate?:confused:
  8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

As mentioned above, you did not do a spell check on the text. Business and environment are two of the most obvious. There are also some capitalization problems.

I agree about the text under the services need much clean up work. Under Cleanup, something is very wrong with the first statement. Perhaps you can find a person skilled in proofreading and handling the English.

Under FAQ, all entries apply to having a contractor (specifically you) do the work, except the entry about blade sharpening. Why would you include a comment about blade sharpening if you are being hired to do the mowing? You may wish to alter some of the other entries as well, looking at the questions only from a owner/LCO relationship. You don't want to promote the reader of the web site to do their own mowing. You want them to hire you!
  9. GreenerSide

GreenerSide LawnSite Member

What did you mean by the area *********?

I will have to look into this. Not sure why it isn't centered.

Thanks to all. I have all ready started to make some of the changes brought to my attention. I will have to dive into the faq page soon as that will probably take some time to fix. Again thanks to all.
  10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It should say title. I don't know why Lawnsite screened that out.