Please Rate My Website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by GreenerSide, Feb 16, 2011.

1. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Keyword meta tag is dead for google, but others may still use them and yes, that guy went a bit overboard.

3. GreenerSide

GreenerSide LawnSite Member

I agree that that is just a little to many. So your title is supposed to reflect some of keywords. Is there a certain length to shoot for. I would guess that you don't want your title to be do long?

Just took a look at you site walker-talker and noticed that you estimate button is dropped down over your tree. I'm using a mac and this happened in safari and firefox. Just a heads up. I attached a picture of it in firefox.

Picture 12.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  4. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

Yup just checked same thing for me w/ Safari, quickest fix prob rename "OUR 100$ referral program" to just "100$ Referral Program" drop the OUR and that should give enough room

5. walker-talker

from Midwest

Hmmmm....you guys on a laptop or on one of those netbooks? I just opened safari and it works ok, but I have a 24" monitor. I did take out the "Our". Will you please let me know how it looks now?

Thanks,
    Matt

6. walker-talker

from Midwest

I think the title is around 50 or so and the meta description is around 150...words that is. But, don't quote me on that. So many people have different opinions.

7. nr7pro

nr7pro LawnSite Member

looks good now, i'm on a 15 inch mac book pro

8. GreenerSide

Just took a look and it looks fine in safari now. I'm on a laptop.

9. GreenerSide

Well just noticed another weird thing on your site. The referral page has wording that is doubled up. It looks fine in safari but the screen shot was taken in firefox.

Picture 13.jpg

10. walker-talker

from Midwest

Alright...thanks guys