Please read and critique.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Attached is my SOP for estimating and new billing practices. I just started on it tonight. Please read and critique. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. old oak lawn

old oak lawn LawnSite Senior Member

the thing i would no do is trust customers to pay a little less per month to keep your income comming in year round.commercial yes hold them all year show up 1 or 2 times per month in winter to pick up.the residential customers i would not trust most.and why let them hold money for your work. $35 per cut 4 times per month = $140 per month,if they cant pay that they have problems. and all our residental customers must sign service agreements.

3. Grits

from Florida

It will state in the service agreement that if they cancel service before the year is up they will have to pay the difference owed. I need a good way to word that, if you have any suggestions.
    But I have to find a way to get steady income during the winter. That is why I am opting to go this route. But if you or anyone else has other ideas, I am all ears. Thanks!

4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

If they want something extra done that is not included in the agreement how do you bill it?

5. Grits

from Florida

It will be billed seperately.

6. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

You may want to include that then. Just to cover your rear end. The only place I see it is with hedge trimming.

7. Grits

from Florida

It is in included in the actual Service Agreement. What I posted is just the S.O.P . to keep around the office for reference.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It seems like an awful lot of changes for most customers to handle. I would try phasing the changes in over time.

9. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

In my expense when you tell a customer that they will have to fund the rest of the years maintenance contract after they cancel or when they see that on there contract they will tell you to f!@# off or lets go to court!

The best way to keep to income coming is just what you are doing, when you eliminate bi-weekly cut and show up every week regardless, they know it cost money to drive to there location,gas insurance ect,,

You will NEVER see a penny from them when they cancel UNLESS they have a good heart and have canceled of other reason then bad service ect, (not saying your service isn't great) Just keep doing a good job, show up consistently and you should be good to go.

Now when you play with commercial then you can demand balance AS lone as its in the contract.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto on that !!