please read exmark or toro buying tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by madmusic, Jul 7, 2004.

1. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

why exmark over toro or vice versa? I don't know for sure, but is toro and exmark one company now? Buying one tomorrow, have riden both of them, but not cut grass with either. I'm looking at a 48 or 52 inch deck, please give me some advice on which to buy.PLEASE READ

2. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I like the TORO with the new turbo force deck. I thought it cut better than the Exmark. I try it out the other day and I loved it.

Jason

www.perfectlawncare.tk

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

look at the gauge of the deck. I believe that exmark uses a 10 gauge top and a 7 gauge skirt (the lower the gauge the thicker the metal). toro uses 12 gauge for the whole deck.

4. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

well, the exmark dealer made me a better offer than the toro dealer, so I took the 60" exmark lazer Z with the 27 hp liquid cooled koeller engine, it cuts great...I never demoed either one, but the biggest difference seemed to be the deck, the toro has a thicker one. Try to factor in the service end too, the exmark dealer has a policy, that if you take it in to be fixed they give you a loaner machine while it is there...the toro dealer never mentioned that...

5. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

t c the toro deck is all 7 gauge

6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

not according to my catalog.

7. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

maybe not according to your catalog, but according to the Toro website, the superforce (or something) decks are 7 gauge.

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

52" Exmark.........................

9. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

TClawn,

Toro offer two deck options the SFS or the Turbo Force. The SFS is 12 gauge drawn steel with 11 gauge welded steel " Bull Nose" bumper, where the Turbo Force has a 7 gauge high strength steel fabricated shell.

10. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

The ExMark deck is great! We run 3 60's and 1 72, all 27 HP Liquid. We have never damaged a deck yet, and the idiots at work are extramly rough on stuff. I can not tell you how many blades have been bent, but no deck or spindle damage.