Please Read

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sean Adams, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I have received a few emails in the last couple days regarding the content of A few people have brought to my attention that at times, the language is a bit too "colorful" for a professional forum.

Now I know it is that time of the year. There are thousands of people accessing the site and it is a time for some to unwind and shoot the breeze and have normal discussions. Some people make it part of their nature to use foul language in their everyday speech. I'm not condemning this, just pointing out that this site needs to remain as clean as possible and professional.

I know that sometimes it is easier to make your point throwing in a $#%^ here and a @*%! there. However, I would appreciate it if we could try to keep "off topic" conversation in the off topic forum and "colorful" language to a minimum.

I'm not trying to be difficult, just don't want things to get out of hand.

Thanks Everyone!
  2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

If they can use the "F" word in goverment speeches, and the word "Ass" all the time on public TV, you really need to rethink what you are asking. As a professional forum, 13 year old kids or whoever you are worried about offending shouldn't be on the forum.
  3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

The politician who used the "f" word paid for it and apologized repeatedly.

The word "ass" may be used on public TV, but it is almost always comedy related.
  4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

For some reason, men can't seem to take being an "Ass" as a plus:p
    What ever happen to "names can't hurt me?" I must admit, my wife totally laughs at how we (men) are so macho in public, but so insecure on this/other forums.
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I try to keep myself in control there have been a few times i "flew off the handle" and i see your point so consider me undercontrol and keep up the good work
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Sean,

Thanks again for running such a great site!
  7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. If "colorful" language bothers these folks, they should go to as it seems that's all they can handle.
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Aren't all these words blocked anyway?
  9. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

most all profanty related words are blocked by lawnsite's censoring system, i believe the term "ass" is an exception because it would accidently block the word "grass" because it contained an "ass"...":D
  10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I myself think that Lawnsite is a bit on the conservative side when it comes to language. I really don't need this forum to be this "clean", there is enough censorship, self-imposed and otherwise, elsewhere.

But no matter how one looks at it, Lawnsite remains a great tool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.