Please review my product selling at WW Grainger for fall cleanups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by slapon, Aug 23, 2012.

1. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

The legs are made of plastic, so it'd pretty easy to cut. I'd suggest you take a close look at the picture of the Slap-on attachment on Grainger's website. You can zoom in on the picture if you'd like. It's yours to do whatever you'd like once you buy it. Also, want to mention that the crossmember is approx 15" wide, so make sure it isn't too wide to work on your setup. Good luck!

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I am surprised at the level of miss-education, people so uninformed they apparently haven't a clue that this industry isn't just agricultural but it's also into recycling and anyone who hasn't figured it out better start getting with the program, we are choking the earth with garbage and anyone thinking I would be so wasteful as to use a petrol-based product into which I am going to insert organic waste is got to be joking.

That not only totally goes against the entire industry, it isn't green at all, it pollutes and it also takes longer ...

Put the crap inside bags I just have to separate it later, by dumping the leaves back out...
    Read: We do NOT put organic waste inside a petrol-based product!
    NO!

Leaves and branches and grass all decompose.
    The plastic does not!

I am even more surprised that they would allow plant-based waste and petrol-based products to be deposited at the same area in the landfill, it makes no sense because landfills are part of the recycling industry, why would they not care?

As for myself, I use tarps?
    It's clean, effective, and the waste goes to the mulch yard where they make soils and mulches out of it.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  3. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

I understand, but it is a free country and people will choose as they may. For those that are green, there are alternatives that will still allow people to use the Slap-on attachment and square waste receptacle to bag leaves. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am partnering with a company that makes biodegradable bags suitable for my product. They are made of starches and will turn into soil when left exposed to the elements. It is all about choice, and I encourage anyone that is interested in biodegradable bags to send me a private email requesting the contact information for the company that offers this product, and I will gladly give it to you.

People may also reuse plastic bags to gather leaves. Just gather the leaves in the plastic bags like you normally would, transport them to where they are to be dumped, and release them from the plastic bags, keeping the bags to fill once again. Actually, I would encourage this because it saves the lawn maintenance professional from the unnecessary, additional cost of having to pay for more bags.

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Posted via Mobile Device

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought of this thread today while trying to gather up hedge trimming debris in a round can on a concrete driveway.

LOL

How about a "ramp" to slap on the side on the ground?
    There's always that little pile of stuff that doesnt want to go in the can easily.
    Something that helps the small stuff get swept in would be cool.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Lighten up there is a limit on the green thing you can always buy those little bitte paper bags and stuff you stuff in those. Tarps yea right:dizzy: YOu simply empty the bags at the mulch grinding place then you take the bags home and put them in the recycle.

7. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats why I burn all my plastic, dont want to fill up the landfill

8. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

I think home owners would love this product as well as those that run businesses in city areas as it's harder to dispose of things.

I just throw everything into my dump truck and take it to a dump where the grass is left to break down and wood/leaves/cardboard or anything of that sort is burned.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I had nine bags packed so tight that I could hardly pick them up to get them out to the street. The only problem is I had to throw out any pieces that could rip the bags...

I do llike your product and since I am headed up to grainger to get some brass punches I will buy one.

034.jpg

035.jpg

10. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

Thanks so much for doing that and let me know how everyting goes.