1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please review my product selling at WW Grainger for fall cleanups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by slapon, Aug 23, 2012.

1. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

Nothing like rubbing salt in a wound. Bee..have.
  2. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

Well, can't argue with that. That is a good way to do it.
  3. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

I understand. Perhaps you could get one of those dust pans that have the extending arm. That way you'd at least avoid having to bend down.
  4. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

I dont see how this is better than tarping. If I have a 20X40 tarp, 4 guys with blowers........it will work faster. If I bagged leaves we would be losing $.
  5. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

Tarps are fine. People have used them for quite awhile. The issue with tarps is that eventually those leaves on the tarp will have to be either picked up or dragged to an immediately accessible area where they can be dumped, such as a woods or other unkept area.

Not everyone has an accessible area to dump their leaves, so they have to pick them up and carry them off. Unless you have a leaf vac, it is difficult to get leaves collected in a bed of a truck to carry them off. That is why a lot of people continue to bag leaves. They have to have an easy way to collect leaves so that they can throw them in the bed of their truck and haul them off.

If you use a leaf vac, good for you, but there are also disadvantages of leaf vacs that we have already discussed in this thread, primarily their high cost to acquire, run and maintain. There are also costs associated with modifying the bed of the truck that the leaves are blown into.
  6. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

The Slap-on website, www.slapon.net has been updated and includes links for the Slap-on attachment and its required accessories to WW Grainger's web pages for the products. Thanks, Eric
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So you never have anything that you bag during a normal mow day:dizzy: . Our trucks come in with several bags of stuff every day. What do you do with hedge trimmings. And all the blowing creats noise and dust and cant do that in city. And what happens with the tarp full of leaves? When you get to next job them you get new tarp?
  8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Stupid, red page...

FYI I just updated Flash yesterday.
  9. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

I'm sorry about that. This was a quick updating of the pages, which was not too difficult. I'll try to find out by the middle of next week what the timeline is to get my web pages off of flash. Hang in there. Thanks, Eric
  10. slapon

slapon LawnSite Member

ed2hess, did you make your way to Grainger today, and, if so, what's the verdict on Slap-on attachment. Tell all, because at least one inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks.