Please someone, is their a better way to hold my backpack sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Ijustwantausername, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

I want a quick and easy, yet sturdy solution to stabilizing my backpack sprayer in the bed of my truck. I typically wedge it between my toolbox and a cargo bar, but I want something simple that I can have near the rear of my truck at my tailgate. Any suggestions, products, pictures of your homemade rig you can share?

I have a SP Systems backpack.

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Install a couple of hooks or tie down loops on the rear side of your bed with a bungee of the correct length to wrap around the backpack. Mount the tie down points a little above the height of the cap so you can hook the bungee around the cap. You also can mount a piece of PVC to slip the wand into.

3. GALAWN

GALAWN LawnSite Member

That's funny, I have the same problem. I usually lay a fert bag on it in the bed of the truck but when I'm low on fert it's a problem. I was talking today about building out of wood something to hold that and the spreader.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I bungee mine to my tie down hooks in my truck bed nearest the cab.

5. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

I just put them in the bed against the back tail gate and then use a bungee to hold them down. I can do that for up to three sprayers. The wands become a pain once the cap holders wear out.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I just use a short bungie.

sprayer.jpg

sprayer1.jpg

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Any other ideas? Ideally it should have a chain or steel cable to lock it down to prevent theft. And ideally it should be some sort of secret latch--so that it can be unlocked instantly by your employees that know the secret. You don't want some teeny boppers stealing one and spraying the local football field.

And what is the best way to secure the wand? Magnetic? Velcro? Short plastic pipe? Both?

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I agree the wand is a pain. I dont have a wand holder so you have to be careful not to drop 4 gals of mix plus tank on top the wand and snap it. To boot, my bp doesnt have a top handle so you swing it over into the truck by the straps. Not the best scenario.

9. Ben Harris

Ben Harris LawnSite Member

Bump- I just opened treatment company to coincide with lawn & landscaping. I am running with gas powered backpack sprayers to start. Need a good idea to hold them stable in truck bed.

10. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

I turn them around and use the tailgate as one wedge and a cargo bar as another. Zip tie some PVC to the cargo bar to hold the wands.