Please Tell Me What You Guys Would Do!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LetsGoMow, Sep 13, 2013.

1. LetsGoMow

LetsGoMow LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

I agree with you chuck $20-$25 is low. It is a $35 yard to me. No obstacles, flat, and small. I am just tired of seeing it everyday wondering WTF happened to this yard and why in the world that man is paying $65 for that. I just shake my head every morning when I pass it.

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Its likely a buddy of his who needs the money, Id let it go

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

This would be a good situation for what I refer to as a Courtesy Cut. Just do it and don't tell him you're doing it.

4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

I just don't see why he is paying $65 for a mow ubkess he is also preforming additional services as well at the time of service.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LetsGoMow

from Orlando

No additional services. At least not from what I see. I am friends with the people across the street and one house down from that yard. I was visiting them sitting on the porch one day and the lawn guy pulled up. He mowed (somewhat), put the mower back on the trailer, collected the check, and then left. They have also never seen him do anything but mow.

6. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

Have ypu had a good one on one talk with him and asked open ended questions? ??
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

I'd mined my own business.

8. LetsGoMow

from Orlando

Yes. I had a friendly conversation with him the day I went over knocking on his door. I am going to try one more time when his grass is needing its next mow. I am going to try the free cut approach and maybe the before and after pictures if I get the job :) If I don't get the job then I am just going to let it be. Maybe I will start driving the other way in the mornings. Like another member said he has my info. and I have done all that I can do.

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Don't talk to him just start cutting his grass if it means that much to you. Maybe he'll accidentally pay you eventually
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Vanderhoff Landscaping

Vanderhoff Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I would mind my own business too! If the homeowner wants him that bad he will call! Then again, I personally wouldn't do a lawn for $20-$25! I mean we all are in this business to try and make some $$ aren't we?
    Posted via Mobile Device