Please Tell Me What You Guys Would Do!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LetsGoMow, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

he prob doesnt trust you to do a better job if you are coming in at a 1/3rd of the price...

Reading some peoples prices on here i realize why everyone says they arent making enough money and have to work 60-80 hrs a week.

I do this part time and my cheapest yard is $40 a week with a every week contract so i get paid march through april regardless of conditions.
  2. norsky

norsky LawnSite Member
    from MN

You are right EFG. you are wasting time and should worry about something important. You win some--You lose some. Good luck

TYTILIDIE LawnSite Member

You could try getting the neighbors yards and put the joker to shame. Thats what we try to do with our commercials and it seems to work.
  4. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Leave it alone. Believe it or not, some people are actually loyal to their current lawncare person and that might be the case here. If he wanted you he would have called. To keep bugging him due to your obsession is going overboard.
  5. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed you're going overboard for what's to you a $25 lawn. A vet in my neighborhood I would do for free because it's worth it to me vs collecting a measly $25. The upside if you are able to land this lawn is you never have to question the guys loyalty. If you were talking an acreage with big $$ changing hands I would use every trick in the book to land that account with that type of loyalty. As it is, do it for free or walk away.
  6. whippersnipper

whippersnipper LawnSite Member

Your obviously very passionate about a nicely trimmed lawn. if it bothers you that much you have to drive the other way just go mow his lawn for free. i mow my neigbours lawn for free takes me an extra 20 mins when i do my own lawn on a friday. i see it as my good deed. let us know what you decide keen to see how this pans out....
  7. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

Meant march through sep. Grass starts growing wnd of march beginning of April here. All my contracts pay regardless of rate of growth
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

Most of mine have irrigation or water regularly so its rarely dormant anyway
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris LawnSite Senior Member

How do you go about this. Because I'm thinking about having all new accounts sign an agreement but just don't know how to go about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Barnabas

Barnabas LawnSite Member

When i negotiate with teh homeowner i just tell them here is my WEEKLY price you pay every 2 weeks or once a month whatever is better for you. i set up a start date and a end date.

Then have them sign a service agreement and it states that they pay XX amount every 2 weeks/monthly whatever we agreed to. If they call and dont want the grass cut they still have to pay the same amount.

All my customers just pay when they are supposed to and never ask me to not cut even if im barely taking any grass off the top.

Ive had problem people in the past i just dropped them. This is part time for me so having or not having people is not a big loss to me at all.

I make most of my money in hardscape work.