1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Please tell what oil, gas and ratio you use in your hybrid 4 cycle stuff

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yungman, Feb 22, 2008.

1. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

There is a big difference in experience on hybrid 4 cycle equipments from both Stihl and Shindaiwa. Some people swear by it and some swear at it. Can you guys kindly respond by telling us what gas you use, what oil and ratio you use and result of your experience? If you have open up the engine, please tell us your observation.

Reason I ask is because all the posts about these hybrid 4 engines. Some people really have good luck and some don't. There might be some truth of what stuff you put in. We can learn from it.
  2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Walmart 2 cycle oil 87 octane. You guys are wasting your money w/ syn. oil and all the other nonsense. Trust me I've had no problems at all. Yes I also wasted money on expensive stuff. No difference.
  3. yungman

from Calif.

I have been telling others about your experience with Walmart oil!!! This is a good piece of info. for others. Thanks.

I forgot to mension, I have been experimenting with different oil on my Shindaiwa C4 blower. I clean the muffler and exhaust port first. Use one brand of oil for 2 tankful, inspect again and look at the black stuff. So far, I tried Shindaiwa One, Mobil 2T and Echo. At the time I was putting 32:1 on Shindaiwa One and Mobil 2T, change to 45:1 with Echo. All give similar result.....quite a bit of black stuff. I am going to try Stihl Ultra next and I'll keep posting. I use 91 fresh gas with Stabil. I know it is not a consistant test, but this is just live and learn.

Guys, For these kind of hybrids, don't be fancy and do 32:1, you'll regret. I am going to 50:1 next.
  4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Wal Mart Briggs oil 4 gal 87 to 8oz bottle
  5. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

1.95 gal 87 oct gas
    2 gal mix echo oil
    i cover my gas cans
    i use this in echo trimmers, sthil blower, shin eb8510, and occassionally my boat motor
    everything runs the same mix
  6. yungman

from Calif.

Thanks, please include your experience, good or bad, how old is the equipment.

Anyone know who make Walmart oil?
  7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

8. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

amsoil saber premix. i run it at the severe service recomendation

i run it in every piece of 2 stroke lawn equipment i have. been doing it for years. stihl 2 strokes.

stihl 4 mix.

lawnboy 2 strokes and husky saws.

the dirtbike gets amsoil dominator 50:1.
  9. yungman

from Calif.

As soon as I recover from my bad cold!!:cry: I have been sick, all drug up!!! All the cough and cold medications.......
  10. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

were the hell you get that 1.95 gas at here it is 3.00