plow blade

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by paolaken, Aug 21, 2006.

1. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i need a new plow blade for my dingo vibraplow. what is the best blade? where can i get it? thanks

2. Vermeer

Vermeer Inactive
    from Iowa

What kind of blade is it? Pull, chute, combo, width, depth, pin diameter and placement?

3. paolaken

might need alittle help here. it's a pull blade. i think 1/4" thick by 12" i think. when measuring depth, do i only measure what goes in the ground? i know i need a beefier blade than the one i have now.

4. paolaken

how do i measure pin placemeant?

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You can't go beyond the limits of your machinery, so far as replacement blades go. Is there a problem with blades from the plow maker?

6. paolaken

i just heard or read that some aftermarket blades might be of better design and maybe alittle stronger.

7. Wet_Boots

Well, a half-inch blade will be stronger than a quarter-inch blade, but there are limits to what you can use. I'm thinking a Dingo is going to be under-powered in comparison to a dedicated plow, and you can't get longer blades to work.

8. paolaken

yes i agree, i don't want a longer blade. maybe just alittle thicker.

9. Wet_Boots

Possibly the same problem. Consider getting a shorter blade, even if you have to swing-joint the heads, instead of them sitting atop saddle tees.