Plow fell off...

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Jan 6, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Not mine... thank god.

The guy I was plowing with at work has a Western 7.5ft. Pro Plow. I'm not sure what he hit, or if it's just from years of abuse, but the mount on the truck broke. He had to drag it down to the shop in reverse and go buy a new mount. Never seen that before.

Also, salesman out on a testdrive in a BMW X5. Wanted to show the customers it's off-road capability. Ditched it! Luckily there was a Chevy around (Mine) to go pull it's $60,000 butt out!

Interesting day.

-Tim

2. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

SlimJim,
    Are you sure you didn't get that big snowblower and try to gobble that truck up :) but stopped when the blade came off!

;)

Just kidding, How have you been?

3. SlimJim Z71

Snowblower... I WISH! I'm doin okay now I think...

4. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

OH...I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS.....LOL

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Makes you want to add some stuff to your emergency kit, or make one if you don't already have one!!

Keep some cargo straps and a digging bar with you, never know when you'll need them!!

6. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Now thats a bad day....Just got the emergeny repair kit for my western....I did not see a spare truck mount in the box.

7. SlimJim Z71

I guess it did the same thing on Friday when he was plowing, but he was able to weld it. After yesterday, I think it's time to bury that old mount...

-Tim

8. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

Used to have a problem with the bolts comming loose on the Fisher mount. Had it welded solid and no more problems.

9. 75

75 LawnSite Senior Member

Also not mine...thank god! A customer brought this one into the welding shop where I work a couple of weeks back. Fairly new Western straight blade (7.5') with the pivot bolt hole torn out of the moldboard! Had to have hooked something going in reverse, we didn't see it happen, we just got to fix it. (Cut out a section of the bottom leg of the angle, fab up a replacement plate with the proper hole, vee everything out for a full penetration weld and sew it all back up.) Anyone seen or experienced anything like this before? First time I'd ever seen something like that!

1975 GMC C-35

10. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

75, same thing happened to us on or 8ft. proplow,same exact thing,i really beefed it up,won't ever happen <html><strong> again!!!

[Edited by finnegan on 02-05-2001 at 08:43 PM]