plow for a walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawman, Oct 8, 2000.

1. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Has anyone built or know were to buy a plow for a walk behind mower? I saw one in pro mag. that was made by their shop. I would love to get a hold of a set of plans or a name of a dealer thank you for your help.

2. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Well i'm the guy you want to talk to!I plow snow with a 14hp kohler dual hydro scag walk-behind.We have a 44' blade on the front.What kind of walkbehind do you have??????Is it a dual hydro?????Let me know!I should be able to help you out!Oh ya!Just so you know,plowing with our scag is 1 of the best decisions we ever made!Get back to me and I will help you out!

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

if your talking about a leaf plow then the company jrco makes one. if youre talking about a snowplow then i dont really know what to tell you. ive never seen one on a walkbehind

4. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

He is talking about plowing the cold stuff :)

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I was looking into plows for a walk behind last year and I belive Bunton was one of three that I found.I gave up on the idea because of the overall length of the unit.I bought a little Toro snow blower.

6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

AB, I live in an area where we get snow once every 3 or 4 years (central Virginia). I don't want to buy a truck (my current truck is 2WD) and a plow and then have them sit for 3 years waiting for the white stuff. How much is a plow for a WB? I have a 48" Lesco with dual hydros. I know it has great power and seems unstoppable but could it plow good size parking lots or do you just use it for driveways. Any help would be appreciated.

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

That would be more for sidewalks and driveways Andy. My JD is great for that too, but even a small parking lot would take forever.

8. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Kind of what I figured, thanks.

9. AB Lawn Care

from Ontario

No they would be NO GOOD on parking lots.They are awsome for smaller areas but a parking lot is too big.

10. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

hey Barkley I'm in the same boat. I bought an atv thinking a truck plow was overkill on the overhead. I sold it thinking I could do better with a $35.00 snow shovel for my guys and limiting myself to residentials. But what if the big one came. Well I have found that the guys at Exmark can solve this problem. They make 60" plows for their lazers. a bit pricy though. almost 1 grand for the actualtor an sub fram and about 600.00 for the plow itself. Then i checked into a plow for a wb and they are about 300-500 dollars. They claim they are designed for a lot of inches. Exmark does not make these plows but they can refer you to the manusfacturer who does and i wouldn't dought if they made it for all sorts of makes and models.