plow frame mounted vac, anyone have good pics?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by seacoastlandscape, Oct 29, 2006.

1. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

I'll be mounting my vac to a plow frame this coming week and just wanted to get some good visuals of how people have fabricated theres. Thanks

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

What size of vac do you have? I have a 11 hp mounted into a 2" receiver on the front of my truck. It works good and the weight is not an issue. I have it mounted on the passenger side so the hose doesn't interfere with my vision. It doesn't stick out as far as it would on a plow mount either. It sticks out almost 3' as it is.

3. seacoastlandscape

its an older giant vac 16 hp so I think it is way to heavy to mount on just a reciever although that would be the simplest way everyone i have talked to suggested going with a plow frame.

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

seacoast, keep in mind that the plow mount will mount onto the frame the same way you would mount the receiver. Mine is bolted to the frame the same as a plow mount you just need to make sure you use heavy enough steel for the weight. Try to keep it as close to the bumper as possible.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

what kind of plow mounts are you running on your truck? fisher..boss...western...?

6. seacoastlandscape

I know the receiver will bolt to the frame in a somewhat similar way but the front hitches are only rated to hold 500 pounds, which I'm sure it can hold more but the last thing I want to do is get 2 weeks into the season and run over my own vac. By mounting it on a plow frame I will have to points to distribute the weight much more evenly as well.

I haven't bought the plow frame yet sometime withing the next few days because Im debating on which one to get a minute mount which will require more fabrication but will be helpful if I ever decide to by the blade for it or the traditional style that from what the dealership said was what most guys used to fab a vac mount from because it requires much less fab. But either way it will most likely be a fisher.