Plow on walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by germann, Mar 4, 2003.

1. germann

germann LawnSite Senior Member

Do you think we could put a plow of some sort on our 36 Exmark?
    Could use it with the Honda snow blower to clear sidewalks and the two small parking lots we do. Just curious because I saw what looked like a plow on a Scag on someones pic on a post?
    :dizzy:

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I was gonna say BHB would be more than happy to go over the details, but apparently you've already seen his work.:D

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I use a plow on an older Gravely walk behind that I have for clearing snow from sidewalks unless it a big enough snow for the blower. Sorry I do not have any experience with the Exmark.

Gravely_Man

4. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Wheres BHB when you need him???? :D
    Talk with BHB he's got a 60inch V-plow with pics on his Scag WB.
    Also do a search you will find it somewhere on here.
    Matt

5. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Here I am! I made this one as said 60" on my 52" Scag hydro w/b. Don't make it any wider than you have to to cover the wheels and deck when angled. So for you I might say around 40" wide. If it's a belt drive dont' even consider it really you need the weight and power of a hydro. Make a mount like a JRCO attachment bar www.jrco.com for the plow. I used the anti scalp roller bracket but you don't have that on yours. It works good in light snows 2 or 3" dry snow. I use the sulky with it if the snow is dry and it works great.

feb12#05.jpg

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

lifted

plow1.jpg.jpg

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

In the V position (most effecient for sidewalks or busting a path through deeper snow):

feb12#06.jpg

8. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

That plow looks so funny on that Scag, but it looks durable and looks like it can plow up to 3inches i would think. Though I dont think i would do something like that to my WB, rather just put a plow on my truck.
    Matt

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

The mounting and angling apparatus:

feb14#14.jpg

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Why does it look goofy? cause the lights on it or what? LOL. This will just give you ideas, you can't really use this design on your eXmark because of the differences in machines.
    In action:
    needs a steel cutting edge I guess. The rubber folds under and makes it ride up over the snow. The steel edge would need to be angled like this \ to dig in good. This is on a gravel drive BTW.

feb23#25.jpg