Plow Parts Sources

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by ICky, Feb 15, 2000.

1. ICky

ICky LawnSite Member

Ok so I admit it .... I run a small parts store in Ontario Canada.<p>I would like to stock aftermarket plow parts for next season (even if just for my own use *grin*). None of my normal suppliers deal with plow parts. I would like to know if anyone has an address for a company like &quot;BUYERS&quot; or a wholesale company that would deal with me.<br>I tried to call information but.... gee I don't even know what state they are in ...<p>Any help would be appreciated.<p>Ian<p><br>P.S. <br>Some of what I learned this season.<p>When installing new exhaust do not go for the &quot;cool&quot; route and bring the tail pipes out under the rear bumper. <br>When the temp goes down the white smoke behind you makes it very hard to see to back up!<p>Do not attempt to wing the banks back on a steep off-camber road on a bright sunny day when the temp is around 30-32 degrees ....<p>The road gets slick and the off-camber bank sucks you right in ....felt real stupid after I was stuck and outside watching as the truck contined to slide sideways down the hill in park with the wheels blocked .... <p>When purchasing a used blade try to avoid one s with bullet holes as this tends to cause the snow to stick and build up.<p>A 2wd can push ALOT of snow DOWNHILL<p>A 2WD can push NO snow UPHILL<p>ALWAYS air your tires down to plow.<br>80 psi is great for carrying loads but not for traction.<p>Plowing is much harder then it looks.<p>3 am sucks<p><br>

2. snow

snow Guest

<br>

3. snow

snow Guest

You can get different displays from different companies where you have a small rack, and have S.A.M parts for major brands on it. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.ppwarehouse.com&quot;&gt;Plow Parts Warehouse&lt;/a&gt; has a thing where you they tell you how much of which parts to order and you make a little display for them. It's called the PPW Point-of-Purchase Displays. You order everything on the display and they ship it to you the same day. S.A.M are sold a lot by dealers out of catalogs in my area. Everyone has the same catalog, but they put your logo on the top.<p>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com<p>

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Bryan<p>Where is your homework assignment? It's late. What plow would you buy and why?<p>Geoff

5. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Very nice post Bryan. I am impressed. it was thoughtfull, helpfull, and well written. Keep that up and you will be taken seriously.<br>I have learned this year that, No sleep for 36-48 hours really sucks alot more than 3 am. And my left rotator cusp really hurts after plowing all night.<br>Icky look into urethane cutting edges, they are great and I will be glad to help you stock up. Look for an article soon at my web site. www.thehousedoktor.com <br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

6. snow

snow Guest

Geoff,<br>I would either buy a Curtis Sno-Pro 300(8ft) or a Western MVP. It depends if I choose to sub for one of my friends, or just plow out my lawn customers. The reasons for the Curtis:hitch and run, hide-away hydraulics(which adds downpressure), full-trip, hydraulic jack stand, extended push frame(4ft). The reason for the Western MVP; bottom trip, uni-mount, good local dealer,good price, not as heavy as the fisher vplow.<p>Bryan <p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

7. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Sounds like a good choice bryan. Only i think the fisher v-plow is worth the extra weight for attachment ease. I don't think it weights that much more then western, seeing fisher builds westerns v-plow. <p>Also watch out for sub contracting. Just think about how much money the guy bills out, in 1 hour of your plowing. <p>Geoff

8. ICky

ICky LawnSite Member

Thank you Bryan!<p>One of my staff talked to your source today and seems to feel that this is a company that we can do business with. <br>But what is S.A.M. ?<p><p>Dino!<p>Yes I would like to talk to you sometime about your cutting edges. <p><br>What I learned today .....<p><br>If you get the blade wedged on a snowbank hard enough that the front wheels of your truck are not touching the ground, all forward and rearward motion stops for an extended period of time.......<p><br>Ian <br>

9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Ian <br>Give me a few days and I will have an article posted on my web site about the edges. www.thehousedoktor.com<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org