Plow sensor ? por que no!

Discussion in '<a href= target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Lou, Jan 5, 2001.

1. Lou

Lou LawnSite Member

Have been plowing Way out West for seven winters now. It seems not to matter what Coast one is on, one problem seems to be shared by all of us. How to keep a plow from digging up the turf, cinder, gravel etc. There is some high tech stuff out there. What we need is a sensor linked to the toggle or keypad to "read through the snow to the ground", and adjust the blade heighth accordingly.I'm sure there is existing equipment that could be re-configured to meet our needs. Hope that one of us can come up with an easy, cheap, universial application. Hope I don't have to read through posts of why it can't be done. Wish I had the resources to do it myself.
  2. Yardworks

Yardworks LawnSite Member

If were going to get into technology maybe we should start installing radiant heat in parking lots with drainage channels that bring the melted snow to a giant holding bin to be used for irrigating the lawns in the summer.
  3. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

It sounds to me like you are in need of a very special cutting edge,one that is renouned through out You may even find that is somehow involved in the manufacture and most certainly in the distibution of these spectacular edges.What you need is a urethane edge,how do you get one you may ask,well are you in luck because right here at we have our very own urethane edge pusher/dealer,he lovingly calls himself plowking we all think of him more as Dino(you know like the Dinosour from the flintstones).He can be reached anytime at 860-859-0739,so give him a call and have your credit card ready.
  4. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

they already have the technology to do it URETHENE CUTTING EDGE

nuff said...
  5. finnegan

finnegan LawnSite Member

damn it! I thought if Icould keep my post short enough I'd beat digger to the post...
  6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I really need to get a digital camera and set the record straight...
  7. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

Just take pics with a regular, even a disposable camera. Then have them developed on a Kodak Picture CD. Then you can put them up here or on a web page.

8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Lou,non ascolta questi tipi urethene sminuzzi dei bordi squarceranno l'erba esattamente come molto in qualità d'altra lama qualunque! Conosco che il suo detto. Hanno la technology per modo di dire i suoi parlante di quello loro usa dei dozers e dei graders terra il servizio toccante. Che conosca quale they'll buscare degli anni ad una coppia il tasso la technology stia andando! Che Lei parlare la causa Italiana Spagnola sono essere sicuramente molto chiuda! Sono grazioso buone dei mie Italiano e bene penso dei mie Spagnolo che lo scrissi ambedue! Questo dovrebbe scuotere su pressapoco turbi!

Lou, Whats your pleasure? :)

¡Lou no oír a a los estos hombres urethene cortador los bordes rasgarán el césped exactamente tan mucho paleta tan ninguna y otra! Sé eh su dicho. Hay la tecnología como su discutir de esa ellos usan las dozers y las graders mundos trabajo movedizo. ¡Quién sepa cuál they'll tercie un par los años a la tarifa la tecnología vas! ¡Que usted hable causa Española Italiana ellos sea estuve seguro muy tape! ¡Soy bonito bueno con mis Italiano y y alright yo supongo con mis Español que yo lo escribí ambo! ¡Éste debería mueva arriba alguno inquiete!

Ciao E (Y) Adios !!

9. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Say what you will, Bill, but I plowed a mess of gravel surfaces this last storm, and smooooooooth as glass. I have the pics at my web site http://www.allthingsiceandsnow.
    If the u edge wont move recycled asphalt grindings 1 week after they were installed they are not going to move gravel.
    Remeber, stone driveways are not gravel, and pea stone certainly is not gravel. I just pushed off half on my parents back yard,so mom and can feed all the birds on the east coast, and no damage whats so ever.
    If you are having problems with it, call me, I would be glad to try to work out a solution for you.
  10. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Yo !!!

Fire up that Spanish edition of Lawnsite, will ya ??

And, move that post over there.....

I can't tell if there's any vulgarity in that post Guido.

How the heck is Dino gonna edit that stuff ??