plow turds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Neil M, May 13, 2008.

1. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

What do you guys do with the chunks of grass and dirt that the plow guys rolled up on the lawn, mow around and leave it, remove it??? I dont mind removing one or two but after this snowy winter in s.e. wi some of my customers have enough for about 20minutes to over an hour of work. I'm waiting for them to pay me for the work.

2. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

:usflag:I plow most of the my lawn customers. The mild winter made it a PITA to plow. Drives were not frozen, and had some piles of dirt/rocks. I tell customers that it needs to be cleaned up before I mow, and I charge them for the job.

I love this job...They pay me to plow, then they pay me to clean up any mess.
    I DO NOT however, try to make a bigger mess to make more $$ durring spring clean up. The less the better. Keeps the customer happy.:usflag:

3. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I try to replace what I can and remove the rest. I've never dealt with so much that it really killed. But I can see a clean up fee being totally reasonable if it's really a serious project...

4. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

if it was a piece here or their i just take care of it but typically in spring clean ups I figure in this as part of the job as well as repairing the damaged areas. I do have one big customer that I will be re soding a strip buy the road do to the damage and I just repaired two large wholes do to winter plowing. as far as the winter being mild nope no such thing here it just started snowing and got cold and refused to quit snowing. The old timers say this is what they used to remember crag being like.